Yep - another award. What goes around comes around, right? ;)
Anyway, this is not an award that I've done before, and the rules are slightly different. It is called the Liebster Award, which is apparently German for "sweetest, pleasantest, dearest" so I assume it is for the blogs that you like the best. I have been nominated twice for this one, so I shall kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and do them together.
Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. (preferably their Liebster post)
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (and if you don't know of that many bloggers, nominate less.)
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
So here goes.
Thanks muchly to +Clare Farrelly from Clare's Spot and +Abbey Rose at Rosie's Treehouse for nominating me again. (Despite my slightly sarcastic tone so far, I actually do really enjoy answering and setting questions, so my thanks really is sincere. :D)
Eleven Random Facts about Me:
- I am nineteen years old. I don't know how I managed to make it so old, and sometimes I forget that time keeps marching on and I have lapses of thinking I am still fifteen. (I don't know why - fifteen must have been a nice age. :) )
- I play the piano and the flute.
- I have been in piano eisteddfods, and despite it not being my strongest genre, I have only ever won solo 1 place prizes in the jazz and blues section. Go figure.
- My three favourite girls and boys names are Andrea Kate, Eva Maree, Charlotte Elise, Nathan John, Isaiah Allen and Micah Bruce. There are many, many others. ;)
- I hate windy, blustery days.
- I plan to become a doula next year.
- At the moment, I am on a wheat-free, sugar-free and dairy-free diet. (It's a long story...) :D
- I have written seven facts so far. Eight now.
- I am not an animal person. At all. But I would love to live on a farm and have a horse (for riding) and chickens. :)
- I have a tendency to start things, and leave them started. Other people would call this state "unfinished" but I prefer the term started.
- I love war stories and movies.
Questions from Rosie:
1. What is an acute angle?
An acute angle is an angle that is between the measures of 0 and 90 degrees.
2. When you were young, did you dislike broccoli?
No. I have never really disliked any food. I have some that I would prefer notto eat, but I don't hate them.
3. When doing math, do you use a calculator?
I do for some questions. That's the privilege of being in Advanced Mathematics. :)
4. Of the past week, what has been your favourite memory?
I don't really know... perhaps just spending time with Elise on her 12th birthday.
5. Board games, card games, or video games?
I like all three when they are games that appeal to me. :D
6. If you could have just one super power, what would it be?
Mary Poppin's Magic Room Cleaning Powers. Does that count? ;)
7. If you found $1,000 what would you do with it?
If I got to keep it, I would save it for my doula training.
8. Letters or emails?
Letters every time. :D
9. What does the colour pink remind you of?
10. Do you enjoy fires in winter? Or water in summer?
Fires in winter. :D
11. Make up your own question. I'm fresh out! XD
Questions from Clare:
1.What series of books did you used to like but now realize is pretty terrible?
The Boxcar Children. Man! Did I use to love that series?!! It is sooooooo lame. What's more, every one of the ninty-something books is set in the summer vacation, but the children are always 14, 12, 10, and 6. Occasionally, Benny, the youngest, would go backwards a year... yeah - they were pretty pathetic.
2.Who's your favourite Villain/Baddie?
I don't really think I have one, unless it's coyote. XDD
3.What is your favourite place to be? (In bed is not allowed)
I absolutely love our friends farm out west. It is so pretty and clean and serene.
4.What is your favorite memory?
Just one??? I have a lot of 'favourites' for different emotions they envoke, but I'll say my 18th birthday party, because it was so much fun and it was really special to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while.
5.Can you solve a rubix cube?
Without cheating? No.
6.Can you dance, if not do you want to learn?
I dance in my own fashion, but I would really like to learn tap and ballroom dancing.
7.Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone, and if so what was it?
When we were visiting friends over Easter, I was innocently doing my own little thing. Their daughter, Bek, who is 14, is a stirrer, and likes to tease me for no apparent reason. (Ok, exaggeration... I usually start it... ;) ) Somehow, Bek's younger sister got involved, and one night, she and I snuck into the bedroom and short-sheeted Bek's bed. It was really funny - until Bek sewed the legs of my pj's together with a tiny machine stitch. -_-
8.Flat tire or airplane?
Depends where I'm going. I don't mind flying, but it would be ridiculous to fly from here to Woolworths.
9.If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
I would ask the older me, "Have you trusted the Lord, and has He provided?" I believe, even though it can be hard to trust God in all things, that he will always come through with the things we need, physical and spiritual, when we trust him for them.
10.When playing naughts and crosses which do you pick?
Crosses. I don't know why...
11.Whats the last thing you drew a picture of?
*chokes* Draw??!! What's that? I don't know... ;)
I believe I will nominate three people because I do not know eleven bloggers who will do this kind of thing. I shall nominate +Alice Farrelly , +Jane Farrelly and +Zach S-B because his blog posts always make me laugh. XD
Here are your questions.
- If your home were invaded by rodents, would you prefer mice or rats to deal with?
- Here is the word "Mozambique". What springs to mind?
- What is your favourite adage?
- What are newspapers handy for?
- What would you do with an abactor?
- What was your favourite children's show when you were little?
- Do you like apples or pears better?
- Why am I struggling to think of half-decent questions?
- I can bring tears to your eyes, resurrect the dead, make you smile, and reverse time, I form in an instant, but I last a life time. What am I?
- Do you like riddles?
- Do you prefer a more modern or rustic, vintage look?