Boots

Boots

Saturday 31 January 2015

Life

Hey everyone!!!  I'm back - back from holidays, back to 'normal' blogging, and back to (almost) normal life.

Most of you would know that the last couple of weeks have been quite difficult for me, my family, and my church family.  I used my blog to express my grief about Shannen and the stuff that was happening around and inside of me.  I want to thank you all for your love, your patience and your prayers - you are all amazing and I can tell you with added conviction that God is good and His peace and love are beyond anything that this world has to offer.  Praise His name forever!

I hope everyone has been well lately and has been doing well.  I can't really think of anything particularly to blog about, so I shall just say what has been happening in life recently.

One of the things we kids enjoy every summer is the library's Summer Reading Program that runs from the end of November to the end of January.  The way it works is that you read as much as you can and record how many hours you read for.  At the end of the allotted time, every two hours you read equals one ticket in your age category.  In February each age category gets tickets drawn out and the idea is that the more tickets you have, the more likely you are to be drawn out for a prize.  I read about 80 hours this year, but as I am in the adult section now I have no idea how that works out against other readers... not that I am betting on winning or anything, but we all like to win when we enter a competition of any sort.  ;)  :P

Jess got her wisdom teeth out this week just gone and I'm afraid it's been a rough path for her.  Right now - nearly four days after the surgery - she still looks like a little squirrel with nuts in her cheeks from the swelling.  In short, it hasn't been so swell...  (sorry, sister dear.  :P )

I started teaching piano again this week,, and I was reminded in the fist lesson how much I enjoy teaching.  My new student is very sweet and I think she will pick up piano very quickly.  I hope I can keep up with her.  :)

What else has been happening?...

Ummm....

I finally got around to scrap booking my 18th birthday party... it's only two years late, but better late than never!  Grace helped me with some of the sheets, and I am so happy with how they have turned out.    You can't see all the details in the photos, but the colour theme on each page is pink, orange and blue with an occasional splash of green and purple.  :)





11 comments:

  1. Loving the look of your scrapbook! I should beg a few of your photos off you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sure thing... when you come over next we'll have to look through them. One of my favourite photos of the night is one of you, your Dad, and Mr. and Mrs. T. Such a great photo. =D

      Delete
  2. I know how long scrapbooks can take to finish them! I'll be praying for you. :)
    Love Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fiddly things, aren't they?! :) Thanks for the prayers. xxx

      Delete
  3. What happened to Shammon? Why did she die?
    ~Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Shannen was a friend of ours - a very sweet, beautiful young lady in our church. She had a tragic accident just over two weeks ago and is now dancing for her Lord Jesus for eternity. Here's the article about it, if you want to read more... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2917614/Shannypoo-bit-goodness-world-sunshine-lives-Family-friends-mourn-teen-died-falling-moving-car.html

      It is a very sad time, but God has been and continues to be very good to those who love and trust Him. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the new blog look! And the scrapbook looks so cool! Photos hold terrific memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbey! Don't they??! I love looking through photos! =D

      Delete
  5. I am going to scrap book my 18th too but I haven't got around to it and I don't know how long it will take me to!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! As I said above, it's only taken me two year to get around to mine! XD When you do do yours, could you send me some pictures? I'd love to see your beautiful work. :)

      Delete