Boots

Boots

Saturday 5 April 2014

The Sunshine Award






Many, many thanks to Clare for nominating me and my blog for the Sunshine Award... At present, I'm not really sure what it is all about, but it is fun... :)  Here are the rules:


1. Copy and paste the image above or make your own. (I used my own, but you can use mine if you like. :) )
2. Answer the questions your nominator has set for you.
3.Nominate your own blogger(s). 
4.Let your nominees know. 
5. Put together 11 questions for them to answer
6. Publish your post! 


1. What is your favourite book/series/author you have read this year?
I'm not sure I can put it down to one, but I am currently reading the autobiography of George Mueller is is amazing.

2. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Ummm... a few...  five or six, think...

3. Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather? 
Cold - you can get warm in winter, but its hard to get cool in summer.

4. What is a pastime you enjoy?
Sewing.

5. What colour are your eyes?
Blueish-grey

6. What sort of blog posts do you like to read?
Inspiring, funny, newsy... anything but coring... ;)

7. What is the first song that came into your head? (and if one didn't then get one in there now!)
Do You Want To Build a Snowman? from Frozen

8. What would you do if you had $500 to spend?
Save it until the next birthday I need to buy for... :)

9. Do you collect anything?
Other than useless scraps of paper and coffee cups on my desk, no.  

10. What do you eat for breakfast?
All sorts of things... bacon and eggs, muffins, rice, porridge,...

11. What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory is when I was about two years and ten months old.  We were on holidays and my grandmother took me in the stroller to the nursing home to see my great-grandmother.  We watched Playschool and fed my great-grandmother a banana.



Most of the blogs I would have nominated have already been nominated, but there are a couple that always bring a smile to my face.  So here goes:

Atlanta and her blog "Story of  a Seamstress".  This is an absolutely beautiful blog and Atlanta's skill at sawing blows me away!  It is so lovely too to see her and her husband as they begin their family and just enjoy life together.


The second blog I would like to nominate is Fullness of Joy by Joy.  Joy is really encouraging and loves books and movies and the Lord Jesus (not in that order, obviously!)  She is such a sweet girl and her blog is beautiful.

So they are the blogs I have nominated - I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  :)


Atlanta and Joy, the questions I have set for you are:

1) What are your favourite flowers and why?
2) If you stop and listen right now, what can you hear?
3) What do you do on the weekends?
4) What is your least favourite food (as in you really can't stand it!)?
5) What is the desktop page on your computer?
6) Favourite board game?
7) Do you have a passage of scripture that is especially meaningful to you?
8) What colour is your favourite shirt?
9) What is your favourite month?
10) Your funniest childhood memory?
11) What is your favourite joke?




3 comments:

  1. "I'm not really sure what it is all about" I could agree with that! That is why I made up a definition in my post... because there must be some reason!

    I wondered if you would think of a song from Frozen.... I really want to watch that now so I know what everyone is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I only thought of a Frozen song because I had just listened to them with the little ladies of the family! You'll love the movie - it is so sweet. :)

    I'm not even sure if this is a competition, or what??? I guess we'll find out, won't we...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that it is just an award, that is fun.... I have no idea when it started, I only searched back a few blogs.

      Delete