Boots

Boots

Tuesday 14 January 2014

A Cup of Tea?

People can't know me for very long without being asked the inevitable question: "Do you like tea?"  My friends all know that if I am at their house for any long period of time (long as in, say, 2-3 hours)  I am very likely to ask, "Excuse me, but may I make myself a cup of tea?"  There are times when I feel quite British.  :D

I like almost any kind of tea (except Earl Gray - ugh!) and I drink it straight black.  or, in the morings, green. :)

When I wake up in the mornings, I always make myself a pot-for-one of green tea.  Green tea has amazing remedial qualities and detoxifies the entire body down to every organ.  I believe it is especially good for the liver. I drink it particularly, however, for my migraines.  I used to get up to 3-4 migraines a week, but since I have been drinking green tea, that has reduces to about half a dozen time a year.  A pleasant alternative if you ask me!  :D 

I think my favourite tea, though would have to be chai tea.  This iss the one that I drink in the evenings with Dad just before I go to bed.  Because if its spicy warm twang, it makes you feel kind of warm and fuzzy. :)  It is the best stuff ever!  :D





Sorry I haven't been around much, everyone... life has been calling and even if it is the school holidays, I am far from having nothing to do!  I started my four-week background in midwifery course yesterday - and finished the week's module today. But that's ok, I have other studies I need to catch up on as well.

I have nearly finished reading Milly Molly Mandy to Rosie.  She has been really enjoying it and I found a treasure of a blog on which the lovely lady posted the lap-book pieces for MMM to be printed out and put together.  I was so excited and Rosie and I have been doing that together.  I have to keep reminding myself that she is only three and that is is ok if she wants to colour all the houses on the map yellow, and it is ok if MMM's dress, socks, shoes - indeed her entire body - are coloured the same pink.  It is going to be a lovely memento for Rosie when she gets older.  I am trying to find a lap book for Winnie the Pooh as well, but am having trouble finding one... you'd think it would be easy, but it's not.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having lovely holidays and are resting up for the year ahead - I need to go and pour myself another cup of tea!  :D

God bless you all. :)




2 comments:

  1. Emily, wow - you are one of 6 sisters! I never figured... I am one of four and we get teased a lot for not having a brother ;). But sisters are special ^_^. I live in Queensland but we lived in Coffs Harbour and Sydney for a few years as well... :D

    Hmm, tea... I don't drink so much tea, but I love chai tea. It is really quite soothing and spicy special. Funny, holidays tend to be busier than ever... :D. They are good though. Right now my youngest sister and I are relaxing in our bedroom trying to keep cool and rest away a bit of a sore throat. We watched a few Yes, Prime Minister episodes... and that kind of feels Britishy like drinking tea :D.

    God bless!
    Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy!

    Thanks for reading and commenting - I love getting people's feedback. :)

    Sisters are special - I just love mine. I am actually one of seven sisters (I have six sisters) and they keep me on my toes. :D But who have it any other way? :)

    I have to agree about chai tea - it is awesome! (I have heard it is supposed to be drunk sweet and white, but I can't stand it like that... I have peculiar tastes sometime. LOL!)

    I hope you are all well soon - there is nothing worse than being sick in summer.

    Have a wonderful week and God bless! :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete